General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for providing the strategic commercial vision for Sage’s pipeline candidates from pre-clinical to phase 3 development. The candidate will be the commercial lead within the cross-functional development teams and be responsible for developing global market assessments, target product profiles, forecasts, disease and asset strategies and incorporating customer insights into the planning and product development process.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide commercial input to the Integrated Development Plan and Lifecycle Strategy, including prioritization of indications, endpoints, geographies and post marketing studies.
- Develop market assessments, valuations and therapy area overviews including epidemiology, treatment paradigms and market access considerations.
- Lead market assessment and forecasting efforts that support Sage’s business development activities; including in-licensing opportunities and out-licensing strategies.
- Generate customer insights relative to new product indications and/or formulations.
- Utilizing patient, provider and payer perspectives create Target Product Profiles (TPPs) reflective of the optimal value proposition.
- Create revenue forecasts and support long range planning process based on current TPPs in collaboration with Commercial leadership, Market Access and Finance.
- Collaborate with in-line Marketing with respect to co-positioning or addressing knowledge gaps.
- Build and maintain competitive landscape assessments.
- Present findings and recommendations to development and leadership teams.
- Lead the group through hiring, mentoring and resource planning.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 plus years of biopharmaceutical new product planning, marketing, market research or business development related experience.
- Experience leading market research projects.
- Demonstrated Strategic and Analytical skills including Forecasting.
- Strong understanding of US market access dynamics.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Can successfully navigate dynamics and relationships across departments and can translate into strategies.
- Clarifies areas of ambiguity, identifies possible barriers to success, and creates clarity for others to make decisions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with urgency individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage