General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, collaborative team member for a Senior Director of Corporate Communications. Reporting into the Vice President of Corporate Communications, and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, this role is responsible for the executing Sage’s external communications program, managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and project the organizations vision, brand and reputation to employees and external stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand the Company’s strategy and objectives to develop and drive execution of a corporate communication programs.
- Create and/or supervise the execution of public relations campaigns that will allow Sage leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key community influencers.
- Serve as communications counselor to senior leadership team on specific external communications activities.
- Manage of external communications plans and deliverables for Sage.
- Strategically partner with senior leadership and functional heads, such as the Leadership Team, HR, Clinical and Medical Affairs, R & D, Commercial, General Counsel, Investor Relations, and others to assist with their external communications needs.
- Conduct measurement and evaluate success against communication goals.
- Support the Vice President Corporate Communications in the management of the internal Corporate Communications Committee and cross-functional integration of external communications and activities.
- Develop key messages and Q&As for company announcements
- Manage and update the corporate website.
- Serve as company spokesperson and prepare internal and external spokespeople.
- Manage Public and Media Relations including external agencies.
- Set and drive the company’s media relations strategy.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Strong educational background in communications, business management and marketing.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in corporate communications, preferably in-house in a biotech and/or pharmaceutical company and specifically prescription drug launch experience.
- Experience consulting with key business stakeholders across an organization. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented; with a strong track record of success.
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and regularly think of ways to do things differently, more efficiently and with greater productivity.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage