General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a highly motivated and experienced individual for the position of Director of Health Economics, Outcomes Research (HEOR) and Value Demonstration. This Director is an experienced professional who develops and leads HEOR and Value demonstration activities to support assigned products within SAGE’s portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic plans for assigned SAGE product candidates, including studies on burden of illness, real-world clinical outcomes, epidemiology, quality of care, and unmet need.
- Provide methodological & analytical expertise regarding the collection, analysis, and utilization of real-world data as well as comparative effectiveness research studies, meta-analyses and systematic reviews. These studies should produce high-quality project deliverables to agreed timelines and budgets
- Create robust HTA strategies and tools to prepare key HTA markets to overcome payer challenges
- Develop and lead a clinical outcomes assessment strategy that is incorporated into the development program
- Work with clinical development and medical affairs teams to identify appropriate trial endpoints and leverage clinical development programs to capture HEOR endpoints relevant to payers, physicians and patient
- Support adaptation of economic models in accordance with local requirements/guidelines
- Collaborate with the Publication team to integrate HEOR publications for dissemination in appropriate peer review journals and scientific conferences
- Represent HEOR on cross-functional internal teams
- Develop and implements training on HEOR data for medical and outcomes liaisons
- Assist in forecast and resource allocation plans as well as managing resources within budget
- Assist in the development and establishment of processes and procedures to maximize HEOR operational excellence
- Identify, select, establish and manage a global network of contractors, consultants, and CROs to execute planned HEOR deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of professional contacts
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- At least 7 years of HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical or related industries (e.g., consulting) with advance degree in epidemiology, health economics, pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline (MS, MPH, PharmD, PhD)
- Experience managing a team of research scientists preferred
- Candidate should have a strong record of scientific leadership in HEOR, evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
- Excellent analytical skills, including in-depth knowledge of epidemiology, PROs and claims database analysis methodologies
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies and therapeutic area
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20% time.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage