General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that is responsible for providing the Commercial Organization with customer insights, market intelligence and business information required to inform the strategic choices necessary for US product commercial success. Partnering with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal, etc., this individual participates actively in commercial planning efforts and ensures effective cross-functional communication and alignment on critical business issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead market research for all commercial product therapeutic areas, including the identification of market research needs, and the design, execution and interpretation of market research studies or the analysis of syndicated, secondary market data for performance measurement and market understanding purposes
- Design, execute and interpret market research studies and employ a wide variety of secondary sources to support brand success with direct to consumer efforts and materials
- Lead the design, execution and interpretation of market research studies and the analysis of primary and secondary market data for performance measurement and market understanding purposes while addressing operational implications.
Forecasting and Performance evaluation
- Build segment based launch forecast models patient that support the supply chain and financial planning processes
- Build and maintain in-line forecast models, translating market, product and competitive events to in-line trends
- Support Brand planning and strategy through segment performance analysis & forecasting and promotion response models
- Assist in the creation of, and make recommendations for the measurement of, test-and-learn pilots for marketed products
- Support the development of key performance metrics for brand, project and marketing programs aligned with strategy Provide objective evaluation of contracting initiatives and pricing programs
- Provide Brand partners with actionable intelligence about the competitive environment, marketplace dynamics, customers, technological changes, political, economic, social dynamics and other external forces driving opportunities and threats that could impact our business. Ensure that the processes for determining that the therapeutic team’s key intelligence needs are developed and maintained
- Develop a framework for identifying and tracking analog products providing relevant insights into Sage product commercialization and differentiation
- Lead the analytical planning for the annual situation assessment
- In collaboration with Marketing, Market Access and Field Planning & Analytics, develop promotional mix models that provide actionable insights on relative impact and ROI
- Identify and implement the appropriate resources, capabilities, individuals and team support required to build a leading Commercial Insights team supporting multiple Sage product launches
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing leadership; articulate and present updates on Commercial performance to Senior Executive teams; communicate findings, effectively pulling through change within the broader organization
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- BA, BS degree required. Master's degree in business or science preferred
- 10+ years’ related experience in marketing sciences or market research
- 5+ years’ experience in the bio/pharmaceutical or related field with direct responsibilities using research and analytics to influence the decision process of brand and commercial leadership strategy in support of US marketed products; launch experience is a plus
- Applied experience in building and maintaining robust forecasting models
- Deep expertise in generating commercial insights from large transactional data sets
- Experience managing projects, budgets and timelines with vendor partners in the strategy and analytics space
- Demonstrated experience leading, building and growing teams
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendation
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving/resolution, customer focus, and project management
- Solutions oriented team player; able to develop rapport and credibility with field and multi-disciplinary corporate staff and with external partners and vendors.
- Possess excitement about the vision and mission of Sage and thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun