General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that is responsible for collaborating with and supporting the Investor Relations team to develop and execute the IR strategy. The Manager of Investor Relations will contribute to achieving the company’s strategic IR goals during a period of dynamic growth for the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive an active IR calendar including investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, and bus tours.
- Serve as a company representative and key point of contact for investors and sell-side analysts.
- Report key themes from investor meetings back to management.
- Outreach (via email or phone) to key investors and analysts to share news related to corporate milestones.
- Assist in developing press releases, public statements, and other documents for which appropriate messaging is critical.
- Generate other written communications, including scientific blog posts and company-wide emails.
- Develop, maintain, and update corporate Q&A documents as needed.
- Prepare background information on investors for key spokespeople in advance of meetings.
- Maintain and update investor-facing components of corporate website.
- Contribute to IR initiatives through development of investor communications strategy, management of 1x1 schedules for conferences, tracking, and analyses.
- Assist in other IR initiatives related to our upcoming transition to a commercial-stage company. Support the execution of Sage’s global IR program by providing analytical, strategic and communications support. Supports strategic, integrated communication with investors including proactively responding to routine shareholder inquiries.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Investor Relations to effectively analyze investor and analyst perception and assist with the preparation of materials and communication of company strategic messaging with the investment community to cultivate new investor and analyst interest and maintain existing shareholder and analyst relationships.
- Prepare financial exhibits, information and analysis in preparation for quarterly and annual earnings announcements.
- Responsible for analysis of stock market activity to include short and long-term trends, as well as variance analysis and communication of analysis to key business leaders.
- Monitors stock market activity and provides comprehensive analysis and insight to create targeted investment communication.
- Collaborate with the IR team on the development of the IR strategy and budget.
- Manage and coordinate effectively with external vendors.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of experience working in Investor Relations.
- 2+ years of experience working at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Some experience in financial modeling and reporting preferred.
- Capacity to develop an understanding of a dynamic, multi-faceted story, involving multiple elements of scientific, financial, commercial, competitive, strategic, and goal-oriented messages.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Great organizational skills; effective at managing priorities and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of sensitivity around material non-public information.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.