General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that is responsible for leading the Market Access Teams in key commercial channels. They will lead and drive pull through strategies and tactics, develop and ensure implementation of Payer value messaging, and customer insight generation that may lead to innovative customer channel solutions. This position will work in collaboration with Brand Marketing, HEOR, Legal, Regulatory, Commercial Analytics, Medical Affairs, Field Sales Management and Sales Training to ensure development of optimal execution of payer marketing strategies and tactics. This position will require 60% travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the Managed Market plans for key channels
- Lead the execution of US Market Access Value Proposition messaging and contract negotiations
- Direct the execution of pull and push through plans across relevant functions including Managed Markets Account Management and Specialty Pharmacy Solutions Management
- Support business development activities and new product planning through insights on landscape analysis, understanding of access drivers and competitors, and evaluation of likely payer response to varying scenarios.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the dynamics driving the various managed markets segments and channels including Commercial Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, and Health Exchanges Main Interfaces
- Support the development of the annual Market Access Strategy in line with brand objectives for assigned products for all appropriate managed markets channels
- Works collaboratively with account management, operations, health outcomes, specialty markets, and brand teams on development & implementation of the strategy.
- Ability to translate strategies into measurable tactical programs that have high ROI for our brands.
- Effectively manage budgets and project timelines
- Facilitate and lead training and implementation of the Market Access Account team. This will require close coordination with the Marketing and Training teams.
- Work closely with Brand and Analytics team to identify appropriate analysis for Sage brands and actions based on data and insights
- Enable coordination and planning between Medical Affairs/MSLs and Market Access Account Management teams
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- 15+ years biopharmaceutical commercial operations experience.
- 5-10 years experience in Market Access function within payer marketing, national account management and/or contract operations.
- 3-5 years leading payer teams with specific relationships and personal experience within national and regional payers.
- Strong specialty product experience with understanding of specialty pharmacy channel & specialty product brand management.
- Strong understanding of payer market dynamics and how managed care organizations make decisions across private & public channels.
- Must have superior analytical ability to analyze current and future landscape and specific contract outcomes at the micro and macro level to make investment recommendations that impact our brands.
- High level of expertise in financial modeling, scenario planning, and impact assessments.
- Ability to work and lead collaboratively in cross - functional teams across the managed markets organization, brand teams, finance, legal & regulatory.
- Ability to identify leading trends, channel dynamics and translate to impactful access programs for our brands.
- Expert level knowledge of Managed Markets and Specialty Distribution.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.