Title: Director, Patient Services Programs, Planning, and PS Business Intelligence
General Scope and Summary
Sage is currently building out a world-class Patient Services organization as it prepares to launch its first product into the Post-Partum Depression market. The Director of Programs, Planning, and PS Business Intelligence will lead the development and planning of Patient Services programs offered to customers and manage the creation and distribution of key operational reports and business analytics for the department.
Reporting to the Head of Patient Services, the Director of Patient Services Programs, Planning, and PS Business Intelligence will be responsible for design, development and ongoing enhancements of Patient Services programmatic offerings, and the analysis and reporting of Patient Services program / operational business analytics. As Sage builds its Patient Services organization, the Director of Patient Services Programs, Planning, and PS Business Intelligence will be instrumental in mapping out the operational workflow and business processes to ensure successful CRM development and execution. Additionally, the Director is responsible for establishing a team to produce, in partnership with IT, the analytical and reporting infrastructure to ensure transparency of service delivery metrics and business goals.
The Director has a unique opportunity to hire / build a team and nurture a patient-centric, team-based culture that exemplifies a technologically advanced, world-class Patient Services organization.
The successful candidate is a talented leader, who has successfully designed patient services programs in orphan markets, has built CRM business processes in the pharma / biotech industry, has a track record of hiring top talent, and developing and motivating individual team members, Critical to success in this Director role is the ability to innovate / develop high-touch customer interactions and orchestrate seamless internal and external partner interactions to ensure a single and consistent voice to customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing program strategies & processes to most effectively use technologies and resources within the Sage Patient Services organization. This position requires building strong relationships with internal business leaders and a proven track record on delivering results.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Hire and manage Patient Services Program, Planning, and Business Intelligence team.
- Lead the design, development and documentation of Brexanolone patient services program offerings, business process work flows, and support the creation of knowledge management content.
- Partner with external stakeholders in cross-functional strategic and tactical planning meetings, and initiatives. Translate key marketing and brand objectives into viable patient services offerings .
- Act as the Patient Services lead for all brand planning activities.
- Partner with the Director of Patient Services Operations and Associate Director of Vendor Management to ensure the tight integration of program development and the ongoing, continuous improvement of operational processes and systems that deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and implement patient-services related business reports, dashboards and ad-hoc analysis required to support Head of Patient Services and Commercial Leadership.
- In partnership with the Director of Operations, communicate to Head of Patient Services operational metrics, successes and challenges to ensure business understanding and continuous improvement
- Oversee the ongoing delivery and distribution of weekly and monthly operational reports & dashboards.
- Help foster a department culture that places customers first and ensures operational excellence through effective internal and external partnerships and effective use CRM and CTI platforms.
- Partner with Sage’s Sales Leadership / Commercial Field Teams and Channel Distribution leadership to ensure best in class service delivery.
- Lead the design, development and documentation of Patient Services programs for future product launches.
- Partner with Commercial Business Analytics, Reporting and Forecasting teams to improve all areas of operational reporting, data measurement, analysis and data quality and to identify potential operating efficiencies to the business.
- Lead the creation and facilitation of internal Patient Services quarterly business reviews.
- Support the development and systematic integration of Vendor Partnership processes and work-flows.
- Supporting the Head of Patient Services, provide Sage Commercial leadership and Field Teams in Patient Services delivery models, goals, KPIs, organizational and technological platforms and practices.
- Complies with all Sage corporate policies, internal procedures and training and applicable laws and industry codes in collaboration with Sage’s Legal, Regulatory and Compliance.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience developing patient services programs and detailing process workflows in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry. Ultra-rare disease experience a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated success in building, leading, and developing high performing teams.
- Solid understanding of the healthcare environment specifically in the area delivering services to Health Care Professional and Patient customers.
- Solid understanding of health insurance and benefits, Medicaid, co-pay programs, home-health / nursing services.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (Salesforce, Veeva, etc.).
- Experience in new product launches preferred.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and effective in influencing without authority.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills .
- Knowledge of front-end Reporting & Analytics tools such as Tableau. Experience with developing reports and/or experience working with IT on Data warehouses preferred.
- Results oriented, self-organized and self-starter with a proven track record of results.
- Possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
- Desire to innovate and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Ability to Travel up to 30% for key meetings and customer / partner relationships.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.