General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for the design, execution and interpretation of market research studies and the analysis of primary and secondary market data for performance measurement and market understanding purposes. This individual will also provide relevant, timely and actionable information to the Commercial Organization using a variety of techniques and information sources. This role involves working closely with Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Finance, Market Access, etc., to ensure coordination and execution of all market research project, monitor progress of analytical initiatives, and provide well-supported, actionable intelligence to internal stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take a consultative role in the prioritization, management and execution of primary research and competitive intelligence projects.
- Work proactively with brand and cross-functional teams to understand business questions/objectives, identify the information currently available, define the gaps and articulate a proposed methodology, and plan to deliver on these requirements
- Leverage primary market research and competitive intelligence using appropriate analytical methods and techniques
- Develop and define Key Performance Indicators
- Partner with Global on cross regional strategic studies and initiatives
- Present detailed quantitative analysis, qualitative insights and competitive intelligence to brand managers and, in certain cases, senior leadership in a manner that is easily interpreted and aids strategic and tactical decision making
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to measure representative effectiveness through voice of customer research
- Contribute scenario plans and business cases that identify new opportunities for US Commercial during annual situation assessment
- Work with the brand managers to identify market research needs during the annual planning process and help incorporate this into the Market Research and Competitive Intelligence plan
- Evaluate and keep abreast of new vendors and methodologies to make sure the research we do is cost effective and provides optimal results
- Partner with cross functional teams and act as a market intelligence lead for providing strategic insights, forming a trusted relationship, and staying abreast of commercial issues
- Ensure all relevant information from other functions is integrated into analyses and insights
- Responsible for providing insights regarding trials and launch timeliness of competitors; represent the Commercial Insights team at industry conferences
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- BA or BS required, MBA preferred
- 8+ years related experience in marketing sciences or market research
- 6+ years of Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology market research experience across the core market research disciplines, including design and analysis of primary market research, secondary data analysis, vendor partner management, and direct oversight of project financials required
- Diverse experience conducting research among healthcare professionals, patients, consumers, caregivers, payers, and other stakeholder audiences in a healthcare, pharmaceutical, and/or biotechnology setting
- Experience with launch brands highly desired
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, IMS, and syndicated database like Optum, Symphony is required
- Possess a strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strength and weaknesses
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage