General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for day to day operations of Speaker Program Operations. This position has responsibility for leading the Speaker Bureau operational support function and providing proactive oversight to speaker program activity. This person will support the Speaker Operations function by monitoring and managing the group’s effectiveness to appropriately support the Commercial organization’s promotional speaker activities.
This position will function under the guidance and direction of the Associate Director, Marketing Operations. The successful candidate will be independent and proactive, but also a team player who is motivated by his/her contributions to the success of not only the Commercial team, but Sage overall.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct and lead the day to day activities of Speaker Operations, ensuring that all activity is being conducted according to established SOPs while also establishing and maintaining ongoing communication with Sales and Marketing leadership.
- Manage and direct the speaker logistics vendor(s) to optimize speaker programs and ensure service and support is highly rated by Speaker Bureau members.
- Lead and facilitate business process assessments, proactively soliciting feedback, making recommendations, socializing, and facilitating implementation of changes, e.g., includes metrics, speaker feedback, reporting, process improvements, training, system changes, to optimize the effectiveness of the Speaker Operations program in supporting peer to peer promotional activity.
- Establish and manage a business plan and process for the Speaker Operations function, reflecting alignment with the Commercial organization’s goals and objectives. Provide updates on program performance in partnership with Compliance, Sales and Marketing, helping to ensure execution in alignment with strategy and budget.
- Manage the speaker program operating budget, systems and business process.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or management with at least 5-7 years related experience
- Have an understanding of best practices across the pharmaceutical industry, including PhRMA code
- Demonstrated success in Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing roles that include interactions with field sales professionals and physicians
- Experience with business processes that include internal and external stakeholders and multiple systems
- Solid business acumen and maturity
- Applied project planning and budget accountability experience
- Excellent diplomacy skills; ability to maintain composure and resolve conflict in the moment
- Established credibility within the organization, specifically with the Sales and Marketing organizations
- Demonstrated a high degree of competence in all elements of the role listed above
- Worked effectively across functions as a team player, demonstrating having achieved common goals
- Excellent communication, organization skills, problem solving skills and results orientation
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high-volume environment
- Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database administration experience required.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage