Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Director, Program Management
General Scope and Summary
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a multi-faceted program management role. Key aspect of the role is to support Discovery and Development Program Leaders with overall program coordination including developing and tracking program timelines and plans and being a focal point of team communications including meeting organization and follow-up. Interact collaboratively with team members at Sage to ensure alignment on project action items and deliverables. Facilitate the use of program management tools throughout company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Program/Product Team Leaders to integrate, document and communicate program plans, track progress and re-forecast as necessary in conjunction with team.
- Manage program timelines, deliverables, metrics and budget.
- Organize team meetings including agendas, pre-work, minutes, action items and overall program correspondence.
- Assist with execution of project plans within a team environment. Institute a development pathway with decision stage gates.
- Interface with Finance to coordinate and improve accuracy of budgeting, accounting and forecasting for program related activities. Ensure detail on investments to be made across the portfolio and $ to complete are well understood and coordinated.
- Maintain close relationships with projects teams and departments to ensure that all critical parties are aware of project activity, issues and contingencies.
- Assist in facilitating information flow between team members; strive to identify and resolve issues arising on the project.
- Develop and implement communication tools that enhance information exchange and stimulate creative project interactions.
- Assist Program Leaders in preparing slide decks and information for ongoing project team meetings, reviews, board meetings, scientific presentations and other appropriate meetings involving moving through the key decision points of a program.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- 5+ year’s experience in scientific project leadership or program management in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of the drug development process; strong understanding of technical, business, and regulatory issues.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a matrix environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, team building, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Established ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Strong initiative and a can-do attitude, excellent organizational skills, proven effectiveness in a quick-changing, fast-paced environment, excellent people skills, and a proven record as a team player.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage