General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role supports the HR department in implementing and administering programs to help improve the employee experience. The Human Resources Coordinator performs a key role in supporting the benefits, compensation, HRIS and administrative functions of Sage’s HR Department. This position requires a high level of organizational skills, confidentiality, professionalism and the ability to identify employee needs. It is essential for this role to deliver exceptional customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of resolution for HR-related employee requests and questions, providing excellent customer in all interactions with internal clients.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to facilitate onboarding process, including Finance, Facilities and IT.; ensuring all paperwork and processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Conducts HR/Benefits orientation for new hires.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for our HRIS including but not limited to flawless data entry, producing regular as well as ad hoc reports and data analysis.
- Prepare monthly metrics and trend analysis around HR data such as headcount numbers, turnover, promotions, etc. in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Assist in identifying best practice workflows and streamlining processes to increase efficiency across the Human Resources function.
- Supports HR Business Partner team needs on a variety of HR projects and initiatives in support of the organization.
- Maintain online personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements, including the creation of personnel files for all new hires. Ensures confidential human resource files and records are current and accurate.
- Complete a variety of HR projects and HR administrative tasks as needed.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Completes I-9 forms, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective actions.
- Maintains departmental process documents and forms.
- Coordinates and completes HR-related regulatory filings and benefits and compensation surveys.
- Assists HR team with special projects and system implementations.
- Provide broad support to a variety of department and company-wide events, celebrations, activities, etc.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or education and experience equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years related HR experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred in addition to other HRIS systems.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, strong analytical skills, and high level of attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.