General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics (www.sagerx.com) is searching highly-motivated, resourceful, technical thinker to join our growing Finance team. The Purchasing manager will handle the purchasing of necessary materials in accordance with Sage’s Procurement Policy. This is a hands-on position and the ability to multitask and work with others is essential. This individual will report to the VP, Accounting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage purchasing process including coordination and follow up on orders, product delivery dates and internal customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with shipping/receiving to ensure accurate and timely resolution of material and service receipts.
- Secure competitive bids for existing goods/services.
- Research billing disputes with external and internal accounting departments for successful resolution.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal customers and vendors.
- Resolve day-to-day issues that arise relating to purchasing and materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department manager.
- Assist with matching invoices to the appropriate PO.
- Ensure the correct GL coding is contained in purchase requisitions.
- Assist with SOX, financial and tax audits & reviews.
- Participate with systems implementations (Oracle) and upgrades and testing thereof.
- Train users on the Netsuite or Oracle purchasing tool.
- Ad Hoc reporting & special projects as needed.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- 4+ years’ experience; pharmaceutical industry purchasing experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of purchasing concepts required
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and effective in working collaboratively with cross functional team members and with external partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to drill-in to operational details while maintaining appropriate whole-company perspective (zoom-in, zoom-out).
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.