General Scope and Summary
- SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role leading the Financial Planning & Analysis for US Commercial and Medical Affairs as the company moves towards its first product launch. Partnering with Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Medical Affairs, Operations, etc. this individual provides financial leadership in planning and forecasting efforts and ensures effective cross-functional communication and alignment on critical business issues including the revenue forecast and expense management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as the lead Finance point of contact for US Commercial and Medical Affairs teams providing financial leadership and driving effective planning and decision making;
- Articulate and present updates on Commercial performance to Senior Executive teams; communicate findings, potential risks and opportunities as well as key business drivers
- Partner with Market Access to facilitate the pricing committee; drive development of performance analytics and evaluation of commercial contracting initiatives and pricing programs
- Partner with Commercial Operations on the sales forecast and own the translation of unit sales to Net Revenue and analysis and forecasting of gross-to-net drivers; collaborate with Accounting on analysis of gross-to-net calculations including assessment of key drivers and variances to forecast
- Financial point contact for the SAGE’s US Revenue forecast and product P&Ls; collaborate with Investor Relations and Accounting on revenue guidance; manage revenue forecast tools to support annual planning cycle, long range strategic planning and tactical revenue reporting
- Provide oversight and direction to the US Commercial and Medical Affairs teams for budgeting and forecasting processes for including annual budgets, periodic re-forecasts, and latest estimates
- Support brand planning and strategy through segment performance analysis & forecasting; collaborate with Market Research on promotion response models
- Develop effective reporting and standards to ensure uniformity throughout the organization
- Provide strategic decision support for various Company leadership teams
- Identify and implement the appropriate resources, capabilities, individuals and team support required to build a leading Commercial Financial Planning & Analysis capability supporting multiple SAGE product launches
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor is required. Advanced qualification in Finance/Business/Accounting preferred. (CPA, MBA or MS)
- 8+ years of progressive relevant commercial finance experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated experience leading, building and growing teams
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendation
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. Ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, customer focus, and project management
- Solutions oriented team player; able to develop rapport and credibility with field and multi-disciplinary corporate staff and with external partners and vendors.
- Able to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions through analysis and clear, concise communication
- Facilitation skills required to function as a bridge between Finance functions and business partners
- Proficiency with Financial Planning/Analytic tools (such as: Hyperion, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
- Possess excitement about the vision and mission of SAGE and thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Product launch experience preferred