General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics (www.sagerx.com) is seeking a highly-motivated, creative, resourceful, integrative thinker to join our growing Finance team. This highly visible role will support many aspects of Financial Planning & Analysis for the company with immediate emphasis on building support for our expanding research and development and commercial organizations.This individual will partner with key stakeholders outside of finance including scientists, project managers and clinicians. In addition, the candidate will be a contributor across the finance and the broader organization in leading and supporting initiatives to build a multi-product CNS company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Business Partner for Development Operations (Clinical Operations, Data Science, Regulatory, Quality, HEOR, Pharmacovigilance)
- Providing budget owners visibility to spending trends, financial commitments and progress against goals; actively help the budget owners manage their spend to plan
- Drive business functions' financial results following each month and quarter end financial close; provide explanation and support of variances of actual to budget/forecast
- Prepare monthly financial and operational reporting package with variance analysis to forecast, latest estimate, risks/ops and material drivers to business changes
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes to eliminate 'data entry' and focus on the analytics transforming data into information
- Lead the Latest Estimate process for the Development Operations team, working closely and collaborate with the business to ensure fiduciary accuracy through actual reporting and close coordination with the business to right size anticipated future spend for the current year.
- Partner with others in Finance & Accounting to ensure effective utilization of systems, application of excel models/tools, reporting and information sharing, and overall compliance with internal controls
- Support broader organization through ad hoc projects and analysis
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. CPA or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of relevant planning/budgeting and analysis work experience
- Prior experience working with tight deadlines and demonstrated responsibility for accuracy and timeliness for work performed
- Strong collaborative skills and effective in working with cross-functional team members
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to balance strategic thinking with bottoms-up detailed analysis. Strong Excel skills and hands-on experience with analysis and modeling
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage