General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics (www.sagerx.com) is searching highly-motivated, resourceful, technical thinker to join our growing Finance team. The Senior Accountant will be a key member of the finance team. This position will be responsible for accounting support for segments of the business. General ledger and month end responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as well as assisting with internal and external financial reporting. This is position will interact with all levels of Finance management. This is a hands-on position and the ability to multitask and work with others is essential. This individual will report to the AD, Accounting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support general ledger accounting and the monthly close process including preparing and booking journal entries and preparing account reconciliations. Areas of responsibilities include clinical, non – clinical, R&D and G&A accruals, International consolidation.
- Preparation of financial statements and other management reports.
- Provide support for Sarbanes-Oxley testing, other periodic reviews and yearly audits, and responsible for maintaining effective control environment in assigned areas
- Work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis group to analyze data
- Perform actual to actual analysis and contributor in monthly accounting package
- Contributor in supporting special projects –Ad hoc analysis and support
- Interact with vendors and internal customers and provide excellent customer service
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, and ability to analyze issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 2+ years relevant corporate or public accounting experience
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Biotech industry and CPA is a plus