General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics (www.sagerx.com) is searching highly-motivated, resourceful, technical thinker to join our growing Finance team. The Senior Accountant will be a key member of the finance team. This position will be responsible for accounting support for segments of the business. General ledger and month end responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as well as assisting with internal and external financial reporting. This is position that will interact with all levels of Finance management. This is a hands-on position and the ability to multitask and work with others is essential. This individual will report to the AD, Accounting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Correspond with other departments to ensure proper accounting for purchases and month end accruals.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations for monthly close.
- Manage monthly clinical and non-clinical accrual process meeting with department managers and key personnel.
- Interact with vendors and internal customers.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Compile financial reports for varying levels of management.
- Review contracts and agreements.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist with SOX, financial and tax audits & reviews.
- Participate with systems implementations and upgrades and testing thereof.
- Ad Hoc reporting & special projects as needed.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- BA/BS with a major in Accounting.
- 4+ years’ experience; pharmaceutical industry experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and effective in working collaboratively with cross functional team members and with external partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to drill-in to operational details while maintaining appropriate whole-company perspective (zoom-in, zoom-out).
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting and reporting systems (NetSuite preferred); project accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities .
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.