General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role as the Staff Accountant.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support general ledger accounting and the monthly close process including preparing and booking journal entries and preparing account reconciliations. Areas of responsibilities include R&D and G&A accruals, cash, investments, prepaids, fixed assets and accounts payable.
- Prepare timely monthly reconciliation of company credit card activity.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and other management reports.
- Provide support for Sarbanes-Oxley testing, other periodic reviews and yearly audits, and responsible for maintaining effective control environment in assigned areas.
- Work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis group to analyze data.
- Contributor in supporting special projects –Ad hoc analysis and support.
- Contributor in supporting Oracle ERP system implementation.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, and ability to analyze issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 0-2 years relevant corporate or public accounting experience
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Biotech industry is a plus