General Scope and Summary
- SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a key role in developing and maintaining the SAGE long range plan and providing analytical support for business development and corporate structure and valuation activities. This individual will partner with stakeholders and senior leadership to ensure our corporate Long Range Plan and valuation models reflect aligned expectations of the company and pipeline.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide analytical support for long range planning, program/portfolio analysis, business development, corporate structure, and financing activities through excel modeling and scenario analysis
- Effectively partner with peers in Finance and Senior Program leadership to develop strong financial analytical support and tools including portfolio analysis, product valuations, scenario analysis, and sensitivity analysis
- Ensure alignment of LRP/BD forecasts and models with program development timelines, target product profiles (TPPs) and Commercial driven forecasts
- Work closely with leadership in Research and Development and Program Management to drive analysis and valuation of investments in Discovery, Platform, and early stage pipeline
- Partner with others in Finance & Accounting to develop and expand the teams’ capabilities with excel modeling/tools, reporting, and information sharing
- Support broader organization through ad hoc projects and analysis
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy and plans into quantitative analytical models; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and develop plans to resolve issues.
- Bachelor is required. Advanced qualification in Finance or Business preferred. (MBA, MA, MS)
- 3+ years of relevant financial/analytical experience in biotechnology, pharma, investment banking, or management consulting
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, customer focus
- Solutions oriented team player; able to develop rapport and credibility with peers and internal stakeholders
- Possess excitement about the vision and mission of SAGE and thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Proficiency with Financial Planning/Analytic tools preferred (such as: Hyperion, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)