Title: Associate Director, Medical Publications and Communications
Reports to: Senior Director, Medical Affairs
General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics is searching for a resourceful, results-oriented, integrative thinker for a role that is responsible for managing the development of medical publications. The successful candidate will be responsible for interacting with various investigators, HCPs, vendors, and internal SAGE departments to lead publications planning and management for assigned therapeutic area(s) while ensuring compliance with good publication practices and scientific merit of medical publications.
- Work with internal and external authors in actively facilitating the development of abstracts, posters, presentations, original manuscripts, and review papers.
- Lead cross functional strategic publications efforts in alignment with product development teams to ensure prioritized submission and publication of data to address unmet educational needs.
- Coordinate medical writing and external vendor activity to ensure timely delivery and submission of publications.
- Ensure consistent adherence to established Sage publication process in accordance with good publication practices.
- Manage assigned publications spend to ensure accurate accounting and reconciliation to available budget.
- Collaborate with functions inside and outside of Medical Affairs to translate available data and publications into medical communications and educational resources.
- Partner with Congress Strategy lead and conference planning team to map out oral and poster presentations.
- Cover poster and scientific sessions at select medical conferences and write debriefs.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- This position requires a clinical and scientific background (preferably neuroscience/CNS) and significant biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience in leading publications efforts in a highly matrixed organization.
- 8+ years in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical environment required. Prior Women’s Health, Mood Disorder (depression), Neurology, and/or Psychiatry experience is preferred.
- Has attention to detail, excellent communication and project management skills, and proven ability to effectively collaborate and influence decision-making across multiple levels of an organization, including senior leadership.
- Ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Willing and able to travel for medical conferences as necessary.
- Able to actively manage and track complex projects in parallel, structuring the actions of many people toward share outcomes.
- Patience and nimbleness when projects feel like “you’re building the car as you’re driving it down the runway.”
- Strong team player with willingness to help colleagues and flexibility to take on additional or unplanned work if needed.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.