General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for the execution of practical medical education initiatives for pipeline products and relevant disease states for both internal and external stakeholders. This role will support the develop of internal and external communication tools, digital resources/ and experiences which will drive the strategic objectives established by Medical Affairs leadership including, but not limited to, new hire onboarding curricula, new product launch planning/training. The role requires a high level of collaboration with Brand, Legal and Compliance teams as well as the hands-on attitude necessary to refine and build learning resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the execution of internal medical training for Sage employees.
- Responsible for ensuring all medical education materials conform to appropriate regulatory, medical, and legal compliance guidance
- Support the identification and management of multiple Agency Partners, including the management and approval of contracts, processing (purchasing requisitions, invoices, and approvals), associated budgets, forecast and accruals
- Demonstrate consistent ethical and professional behavior and ensure compliance with all relevant internal policies, as well as with Sage’s legal and ethical standards
- Support the creation and management of materials, projects and resources through the internal review and approval process; work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and vendor partners to ensure successful navigation through internal approval processes
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups across the organization, including but not limited to Sales, Regulatory, Market Access, Market Research, Commercial Operations, Legal, Patient Advocacy, and Medical Affairs to meet training needs
- Support the of establishment training objectives and initiatives that translate strategy into actionable, goal-oriented behavior by Field Medical Affairs
- Drive the development of advanced training learning programs for onboarding, home study curriculums, preceptorships, and POA Meetings
- Proactively assess knowledge gaps within field medical affairs teams, and in collaboration with appropriate colleagues, work to address gaps through training initiatives and programs
- Continuously evaluate and measure the effectiveness of internal training programs and identify, as necessary, improvements that serve to sustain and improve comprehension, application and competence
- Stay informed of applicable governmental compliance laws and industry standards for Medical Education programming
- Contribute to the maintenance of Sage’s strategic scientific platforms for multiple therapeutic areas to be used by cross-functional teams
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage
- Must be able to take an undefined objective and lead the process through to operational excellence
- PharmD/PhD degree required
- Minimum of 8 years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, field experience preferred
- U.S. Launch experience required
- Orphan, CNS, and / or acute care preferred
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate all clinical data / publications to support business objectives.
- Experience working with external vendors on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience with thought leader relationship management.
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal and external partners.
- An outstanding track record of strong communication, presentation, analytic and strategic capabilities.
- The ability to travel (30 – 40%).