Title: Associate Director, Medical Conference Strategy
Reports to: Senior Director, Medical Publications and Communications
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a resourceful, integrative multitasker for a key role responsible for developing and leading the strategy for all medical/scientific conferences. The successful candidate will track medical conference activities across all programs and therapeutic areas. In addition, she/he will develop an expertise in all aspects of conferences that are aligned with our strategy, in order to facilitate prioritization and decision-making, and to ensure alignment with the medical/scientific story for each program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and execute strategic conference plans across all programs to support and complement publication plans and educational initiatives.
- Compile and maintain a database of essential information for each conference (size, audience, abstract deadlines, etc.) to facilitate discussions about choice of conference and planning of activities/abstract submissions.
- Continually evaluate conferences at which Sage will have most impact, and make recommendations to colleagues regarding activities that may be most worthwhile at each event (e.g., data presentation, symposium, booth, sponsorship, etc.)
- Facilitate tiering of all levels of conferences and meetings (e.g., global, national, regional).
- Plan, schedule, and lead pre-conference trainings, in part to ensure conference activities are compliant with company policies and guidelines.
- Partner with Medical Publications to develop conference debriefs and related internal communications.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and work cross-functionally to understand and leverage conference activities within other departments.
- Ensure conference activities are aligned with corporate and medical/scientific story.
- Work with Medical Events Manager, who will be on point for technical and logistical support for conferences, to develop and execute a project plan for each conference.
- Partner with colleagues in Human Resources to inform company of conference initiatives and highlights to drive internal awareness and education.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- BA/BS strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry required.
- 7-10+ years experience in Medical Affairs, with a deep understanding of strategic conference planning and execution.
- Familiarity with mood and movement disorder related science and conferences to support postpartum depression, major depressive disorder, Parkinson’s disease, and essential tremor disease states.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally to evaluate conferences and support execution of planned activities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment with competing tasks.
- Must have a high degree of energy, motivation, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and problem-solving talents.
- Ability to influence in order to align relevant stakeholders and execute in a timely manner.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and project management skills.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.