Title: Field Coordinator, Medical Affairs
Reports to: Senior Director, Field Medical
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for supporting the activities facilitated by Field Medical. This position will function under the guidance and direction of the Senior Director, Field Medical. The successful candidate will be independent and proactive, but also a team player who is motivated by his/her contributions to the success of not only the Medical Affairs team, but Sage overall.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with Training Lead, MSL Leadership, Medical Operations and others to support management and logistics of onboarding, training and other departmental programs and events
- Serve as a primary contact for learners to ensure their experience is positive, straightforward and high quality before, during, and after onboarding
- Support Field Medical team members in planning, executing and sourcing locations for KOL and/or referral meetings as needed.
- Give continuous input into and participates in the development and maintenance of Field Medical processes. Pro-actively identifies process related obstacles and areas that would benefit from process development
- Manage calendar requirements and coordinates details of team programs and event
- Track and manage local/regional sponsorship requests, including: committee review, communication with external requestors, shipping/return of Sage material and collateral and budget tracking
- Process and track purchase order requisitions for the Field Medical team and ensure proper receiving and communication with the vendor on services rendered
- Act as a bridge between the home office and the field medical team by building and supporting a variety of communication and information sharing processes.
- Provide general administrative support to Medical Affairs leadership team members
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- A minimum of two year’s experience in high-volume project coordination or administrative support; prior experience in biotech and Medical Affairs preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Problem solving skills and results orientation
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume environment – some travel will be required.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database administration experience required.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage