General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for providing Executive Administrative support to the Human Resources team. In this highly visible role, the individual will handle details of an extremely confidential and critical nature. The person in this position has an important role in supporting a positive employee experience and acts a culture ambassador. They accomplish human resource objectives; develop and maintain a detailed project schedule; while managing and implementing assigned HR Projects. The individual will demonstrate positive accountability practices to ensure excellence in executing responsibilities and projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide daily administrative assistance including: calendar management for multiple team members, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, correspondence, phone coverage, presentation materials, training/meeting coordination/scheduling, processing purchase requisitions, expense reports, manages business travel arrangements.
- Assemble and analyze information; prepares reports, manuals, agendas, and memorandum as guided by general company practice.
- Coordinate details of departmental meetings, off-site conferences and / or community events, ensuring contracts are in place and acting as point person for event planning (including catering);
- Prepare materials in final form from very rough and involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and which combines materials from several sources utilizing a variety of software programs and the suite of Microsoft products.
- Screen/ redirect calls, takes messages, handles mail, coordinates activities across departments and follows up to ensure that requests are carried out.
- Receive visitors and assists them with various tasks.
- Must be able to work with minimal direction and be able to exercise judgment, creativity, analytical thinking.
- Research, analyze, and provide feedback on issues, policies and procedures to ensure management and the function is informed and aligned with corporate directives; may investigate issues and develop and implement solutions to prevent recurrence; may assist in developing, implementing and monitoring internal operating systems and procedures.
- Plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workloads for self and others balancing multiple priorities ensuring that actions are aligned with priorities.
- Provide administrative support to department’s team members including general administrative support, ordering office supplies, maintaining department calendar.
- Coordinate travel and expense report management.
- Become a key information resource for employees by routinely answering questions and requests as related to corporate and HR programs and functions.
- Participate in high priority cross-functional HR projects as assigned.
- Actively participate and collaborate with peers as a member of the Administrative Operations team.
- You will interface with Board Members, members of senior management, employees, and outside vendors.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s degree with 6 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in a human resources environment.
- High level of expertise in the Microsoft office suite, with particular fluency in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook calendar, and SharePoint.
- Writing skills: memos, letters, data analyses, with proper grammar and spelling.
- Possess a high degree of poise, judgment, discretion, empathy and professionalism.
- Experienced and comfortable interacting at all levels including Board members and senior management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing and complex priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to coordinate cross functionally.
- Ability to constructively manage conflicts.
- Must have ability to adapt style to different cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective team member.
- Maintains a positive mental attitude to daily tasks and becomes a net contributor to overall morale; acts as Sage Ambassador to reinforce our culture and Employment Brand.
- A demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage