General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics (www.sagerx.com) is searching for an experienced SharePoint Solutions Architect with a strong background in Microsoft O365 including OneDrive and SharePoint integrations and governance policy implementations across the organization. As the SharePoint Solutions Architect, you will be the lead architect for all SharePoint projects. This includes analysis, design, development, and deployment of SharePoint solutions and ensuring compliance with our governance policies. Examples of these solutions may include enterprise content management, internal and client-facing portals, custom business process workflows, and business intelligence dashboards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead architect for all custom SharePoint solutions. This includes working with all levels of business both verbally and in writing to determine business needs and how to address them with SharePoint.
- Educate developers on best practices for developing custom SharePoint solutions.
- Provide expertise and support to business managers and other members of IT to determine how to best implement, support, and use SharePoint.
- Lead the complete software development lifecycle for SharePoint solutions, including analysis, design, configuring, programming, and testing.
- Lead SharePoint and O365 infrastructure projects.
- Determine when SharePoint is not the right solution for a business problem and communicate this effectively to business leaders.
- Oversee and set strategic and functional guidance, in the implementation and development of all governance, standards, and policies.
- Perform SharePoint central administration and management of site collections.
- Assist SharePoint development staff with application architecture, design, implementation, and processes for continuous improvement.
- Create functional requirements and design documents to ensure business requirements are accurately recorded.
- Anticipate changes to SharePoint offerings through a broad understanding of the technical issues and engagement in Sage's strategic direction. Partner with infrastructure, solution delivery, and Information Management capability teams to architect and deliver current and future Platform solutions.
- Develop and maintain master pages and layouts, custom web parts, metadata, content types.
- Create and maintain workflows, list forms, permissions (internal and external), and site creation and maintenance.
- Support end users in day-to-day operations of intranet and collaboration sites.
- Provide technical support, guidance, and training to users on SharePoint Online and O365 features and functionality.
- Clearly document problems, analyses, and solutions.
- Continually strive to improve the efficiency and usability of our SharePoint solutions, leveraging ongoing research on emerging SharePoint development tools and strategies and understanding of business needs.
- Design, develop, and customize our Intranet, department sites, projects sites, and team sites for potential integration with other enterprise systems and third-party products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Maintain the integrity and reliability of access to information, including being responsible for backup and recovery practices.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, exceptional conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field. Graduate Degree preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of Information Technology experience; direct experience in the life science industry preferred.
- Expert in O365, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive implementations as an administrator, designer, or developer.
- Experience leading a software development team.
- Experience analyzing and documenting business processes.
- Experience in SQL Server or equivalent databases.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS/Windows, or equivalent server platforms.
- Knowledge of migrating content to OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Proven experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online implementations and administration.
- Thorough understanding of SharePoint Architecture, site collections; sites, etc. and/or metadata, content management, collaboration, reports, search, MS Flow, PowerShell, Visual Studios, MS Power Apps, and Power BI.
- Extensive knowledge of O365 admin, Active Directory, industry best practices for email privacy and regulatory compliance, routing, filtering, monitoring, storage, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Keen attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Ability to take initiative and move projects forward when faced with ambiguity.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Skilled at supporting several projects at one time, and reprioritize accordingly.
- Prior work experience in the Pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.