General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for the Oracle Cloud Solutions information, systems, and processes used by Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, and Legal business groups. Under general direction, this individual plans, implements and maintains the Oracle Cloud Solutions financial, human resource, legal, and other administrative applications software and systems. This includes performing administrative and management tasks to maintain application operation, installing new systems, developing reports, supporting ancillary software, and maintaining system compliance, security, and performance. This position will serve as the primary interface with system users, and vendor contacts, and will assist with SOX Compliance procedures and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partners with assigned business units to understand system, provide best practice guidance and to inform on latest features and functionality.
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of corporate business applications used for accounting and financial operations, human resource information systems, and legal contract systems, including forecasting and analysis systems.
- Utilizes software development, extraction, and analysis tools to aid users in reporting financial and human resource information and integrating financial and human resource systems with other business applications.
- Provides administration and supports operation and use of off-the-shelf financial and accounting systems, and basic server database engines.
- Act as liaison for outside vendors during installation, modification, and training, of application software.
- Monitors software requirements, determines application utilization, and recommends upgrades/enhancements as needed.
- Monitors and responds to application problems using appropriate problem determination tools; tracks problem occurrence and resolution; identifies, diagnoses and repairs complex problems.
- Provides project leadership in planning, design, implementation and support of business applications; insures interface with existing application, network and operational server environments.
- Develops and implements operational standards and procedures for financial applications, including those for performance, backup, and security. Interfaces with operations staff for development and monitoring of off-hours and special procedures.
- Performs administrative and management tasks required to establish and maintain compliance with various regulatory standards, including Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC, Dept. of Labor, and others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Finance or related technical field or equivalent experience required; Graduate degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a commercial financial applications support/development environment, in a complex publicly-traded company.
- High degree of technical expertise and extensive knowledge of Oracle Cloud Solutions financial, human resource and legal applications development and support techniques, including specific experience with cloud-based and on-premise ERP software.
- High degree of technical expertise and extensive knowledge needed of data reporting and formatting tools using Oracle Cloud Solutions.
- High degree of expertise in project management related to the selection, installation, and management of application software systems.
- Competent in operation of Windows-based PC’s, and basic familiarity with networked application environments.
- Fast paced office environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Requires ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun. Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.