Title: Manager, Medical Events
Reports to: Associate Director, Medical Affairs
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for leading the planning and execution of Medical Events and Meetings. The successful candidate will have experience providing technical and logistical support for a wide range of medical events and meetings, including: congresses, local/regional meetings, ad boards, trainings, and referral meetings. The Manager, Medical Events is responsible for developing and cultivating a wide range of relationships, including with congress organizers, vendors, and internal stakeholders within and outside of Medical Affairs. The manager is responsible for vendor management, onsite meeting management, budget management and ensuring continued compliance with all federal and state laws, regulations and policies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide end-to-end support for Congress/Medical Meeting logistics, including:
- Serve as primary point of contact for Congress Organizers
- Oversee progress of all operational plans, timelines, and contracts
- Assess and choose options for exhibit space, meeting rooms, hotels, group registrations
- Support exhibit design and oversee exhibit execution onsite
- Support execution of Sponsorship commitments (e.g., tracking deadlines, liaising between organizers and internal material owners, payment)
- Provide onsite support as needed
- Research and direct execution of best practices to improve meeting services for small, mid-size and large conferences. Position SAGE for long-term viability and improve operational efficiency
- Develop, maintain and distribute congress dashboard (which summarizes cross-functional and logistical components of each congress/meeting)
- Oversee relevant vendor selection, management and ongoing analysis of performance
- Plan and run biweekly Congress Planning Team (CPT) Meetings
- Ensure appropriate cross functional participation in CPT Meetings
- Develop and track against budget
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department (which may include logistical support for ad boards and referral meetings)
- Partner with Medical Conference Strategy Lead (in Medical Communications Department) to execute conferences within the established budget.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- BA/BS strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience coordinating events
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry required
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced innovative environment with competing tasks
- Must have a high degree of energy, motivation, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment
- Strong communication skills and problem solving talents
- Ability to influence in order to align relevant stakeholders and execute in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work with the team and identify issues in operational workflow
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
- Excellent writing, presentation and project management skills
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun