Title: Director, IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity Services
Reports to: VP, Information Technologies
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for the management of IT infrastructure services and cybersecurity services in support of SAGE business operations. This talented individual, under general direction, manages all corporate infrastructure and security services, including on-premise and cloud-based server hardware and software, networking hardware and applications, security monitoring applications, desktop support services, and related ancillary systems. The responsibilities for this position include managing administrative and technical staff, both employees and contractors, to deliver user support, maintain system operation, install new systems, maintain infrastructure security and performance, and maintain data integrity. The Director will interface with business managers, applications specialists, system users, and vendor contacts as needed, and is responsible for defining technical standards and all infrastructure-related aspects of application and network services planning and measurement. The Director makes sure that the department maintains compliance with departmental SOP’s and company guidelines, and that all legal requirements for GxP and SOx compliance are met. The Director is also responsible for all aspects of the IT operational infrastructure such as budget planning, cost and asset management, staffing management, maintenance contract management, and disaster recovery.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of corporate hardware and software systems; supervises delivery of end-user support services; provides reporting metrics on service delivery and operational availability; recommends upgrades/enhancements as needed.
- Manages the diagnosis and repair of complex problems and factors effecting system security, system performance and reliability.
- Maintains data security and integrity, thorough, monitored backups, database management, security management, and application auditing.
- Maintains currency in industry best practices for computer service delivery, as well as the cybersecurity landscape.
- Supervises and directs internal staff and outside vendors during regular support, installation, rearrangement, repair and/or removal of equipment or services. Directs all aspects of external IT/DP auditing, and security incident management.
- Negotiates and implements vendor contracts and agreements for hardware and software procurement, service and support. Plans and works with staff to deliver training on infrastructure security applications and other corporate IT services.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software alarms using appropriate problem determination tools. Establishes procedures for service call placement and escalation.
- Provides project leadership in planning, design, implementation, validation, and support of corporate security and infrastructure projects.
- Develops and implements operational standards and procedures, including those for performance, backup, staffing, security, housekeeping functions, and validation.
- Supervises, directs, and instructs technical specialists, administrators, operations and production management personnel as needed.
- Formulates and maintains operational budget, including maintenance contracts, and supply ordering.
- Directs corporate IS Architecture and Disaster Recovery planning and implementation management.
- Manages all aspects of on-premise and cloud-based data center operations, including environmental and security systems, resource and performance management systems, and staff coverage assignment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in field is desirable.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a systems administration and end-user support environment in a commercial pharmaceutical or other life science business; 5 to 7 years’ experience in managing support services and data center operations, including staff and budget management.
- High degree of technical expertise and extensive knowledge of computer operating systems, server operating system and related applications such as VMWare:
- High degree of technical expertise and extensive knowledge of computer security systems, and procedures.
- Technically proficient with IP Networking, Network hardware and network security systems.
- General direction; works independently. Errors can cause substantial delay, expense and disruption of significant portions of the company operations
- Provides management and technical assistance to service providers and contractors
- Person must be able to work well with staff members, and user community, especially with senior business management staff. Person must be able to interact with employees at all levels of the company, in all business areas.
- All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at SAGE is considered confidential.
- Work hours may include meetings schedule outside of normal working hours. Demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours. Occasional travel may be required.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage