Title: Associate Director, Incentive Compensation and Territory Analytics
Reports to: Director, Field Planning and Analytics
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for Data Management, Reporting, Analytics, and Incentive Compensation for the sales force. This individual has responsibility to provide timely and accurate sales data and analysis to support Commercial management decision-making and sales force objectives. This role is also responsible for designing, recommending, implementing and maintaining incentive compensation programs that support the sales force in the achievement of objectives by delivering fair, competitive, and performance driven compensation plans. This person acts as key liaison between Field Teams and the Home Office regarding all Field Operations related issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of Incentive Compensation from IC design to IC administration
- Evaluate, design, and implement effective and motivational incentive plans for a launch brand, within budget
- Manage overall plan administration and payouts in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain necessary IC documentation including plan documents and the creation of IC Committee policies and procedures
- Ensure all IC programs are conducted in a compliant fashion and are aligned with the needs of the sales organization and overall corporate direction/strategy/goals
- Perform quality control to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency
- Works with sales team members to answer inquiries, investigate issues and devise solutions. Provides timely communications to the field and is responsive to all inquiries and questions.
- Develop appropriate monthly reports to track attainment and performance
- Design, develop and execute training of the Incentive Compensation plan to the field sales team
Sales Reporting and Analytics
- Partner with Sales Leadership to develop sales reports for the sales force
- Educate Sales Managers in the analysis of the data reports that are provided to them
- Define a standard approach to taking requests for analysis and delivering results. Ensure requests for analysis are fulfilled efficiently and effectively to meet the information needs of sales, marketing and operations management
- Lead the development of standard weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics, reports and dashboards
- Provide strong analytical and financial skills to lend insight to sales management decision-making
- Manage all efforts around field force size and structure, alignments, and targeting
- Support deciling, segmentation and activity reporting
- Conduct adhoc analysis as needed
- Design, develop and execute training of the sales reporting platform to the field sales team
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- BA or BS required, MBA preferred
- 7-10 years related experience in sales operations, planning or reporting, in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
- Significant incentive compensation design, development, implementation, communications, change management, and assessment experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across key functions within Commercial (Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets, etc.) as well as other key functions that include but are not limited to: IT, Finance, Compliance and HR
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, prioritize appropriately and find the way to deliver results efficiently
- Advanced knowledge & application of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate data into actionable insight to support decision-making
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage