General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics (www.sagerx.com) is searching highly-motivated, resourceful, technical thinker to join our growing Finance team. The Manager, Revenue and Costing will be a key member of the finance team. This position will be responsible for working both independently and as a part of a team to develop/modify business processes, policies, procedures and requirements to support the commercialization of Sage products with a focus on the Revenue and Costing processes. The individual will have functional business expertise within Revenue Recognition, Gross-to-Net Reporting, Accounts Receivable, Product costing and Inventory control as a finance discipline, and the collection of payments as part of the end-to-end Order to Cash process. This is position that will interact with all levels of Commercial and Finance management. This is a hands-on position and the ability to multitask and work with others is essential. This individual will report to the Director, Revenue and Costing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the definition of scope and content of the Revenue Cycle (Order to Cash) and Inventory and Costing (Plan to Make Business processes. Design, document, and maintain Sage Business Process Procedures (SOPs) and Process Flow documentation;
- Modify or enhance operating procedures required to guide/manage external partners; e.g. 3PLs. Identify key controls required to effectively manage and maintain the 3PL activities.
- Define Business requirements as input into the Revenue and Costing system development process. Support requests (new demand) from the business for new capabilities, functionality, process improvements and reports. Ensure the systems are properly tested and effectively deployed.
- Manage customer credits limits in accordance with Sage policy and coordinate the credit risk management process with external partners (3PL).
- Responsible for analyzing Gross-to-Net accruals and auditing the Government Pricing calculations, reconciling inventory balances and recording Cost of Goods Sold.
- Manage projects as required and coordinate the input and communication with/to Subject Matter Experts (SME) in each of the functional areas responsible for commercialization, Supply Chain and on-going operations.
- Responsible for reporting progress to goals, identify key risks and mitigation strategies, provide direct support for other process teams as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing customer contracts to ensure they are consistent with Revenue recognition policy.
- Define operational measures and data requirements to track 3PL performance.
- Other Duties and needed or assigned
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- BA/BS with a major in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
- 10+ years’ experience; pharmaceutical industry experience a plus.
- Broad, comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain and Order to Cash business process, and/or their integration points.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and effective in working collaboratively with cross functional team members and with external partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to drill-in to operational details while maintaining appropriate whole-company perspective (zoom-in, zoom-out).
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ERP systems (Oracle preferred); CMO/3PL experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.