Senior Accountant - Payroll
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all payroll related activities including compliance with each state requirements
- Ensure paychecks are correct and delivered on time
- Calculate salary and overtime as necessary
- Prepare tax reports as necessary
- Support general ledger accounting and the monthly close process including preparing and booking journal entries and preparing account reconciliations. Areas of responsibilities include payroll, bonus accrual, cash received from stock activities and other areas as assigned.
- Provide support for Sarbanes-Oxley testing, other periodic reviews and yearly audits, responsible for maintaining effective control environment in assigned areas
- Responsible for providing ADP (company’s payroll processor) all required information in a timely manner, manage ADP relationship and review their work
- Ensure option exercise, restricted stock vesting and shares sold from Employee Stock Purchase Plan are coded and reported appropriately in payroll
- Ensure appropriate coding and reporting of all company provided benefits
- Work closely with Human Resource and ensure all new hires and terminations are updated in payroll system on a timely manner
- Contributor in supporting special projects –Ad hoc analysis and support
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, and ability to analyze issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years relevant corporate accounting experience
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in processing multi-state payroll is a plus