SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for the design and oversight of metabolic investigations of Sage Therapeutics’ compounds including metabolite identification across programs in both Discovery and Development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The candidate will serve as a technical expert in drug metabolism and metabolite ID topics across pre-clinical and clinical stage CNS programs.
- Aid in the design, management and monitoring of drug metabolism and metabolite ID studies conducted at Contract Research Organization laboratories on behalf of Sage.
- Review metabolism and metabolite ID data, study results, interpretation and reports.
- May present metabolite ID results to pre-clinical and clinical stage project teams or sub-groups.
- May represent the DMPK function on Discovery teams.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of drug metabolism and metabolite identification
- Experience in structural elucidation with current MS/MS technology and techniques
- Familiarity with ICH, FDA and EMA guidance’s pertaining to drug metabolism and metabolite safety testing
- 5 plus years working in drug metabolism and metabolite ID
- MS or PhD in chemistry, biochemistry or other field with strong spectroscopy training
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence internally and externally for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Occasional travel to contract research laboratories may be required.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage