Title: Associate, Medical Affairs Operations
Reports to: Director, Global Medical Affairs Operations
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and training for new and existing Medical Affairs systems (e.g., Veeva Medical, Veeva Vault, Veeva MedComms). This position will work closely with the IT Business System Analyst to ensure all Medical Affairs systems are chosen and implemented with the strategic and tactical needs of the department considered. The successful candidate will have experience using and managing systems for Field Medical, Publications, Medical/Legal/Regulatory Review and Investigator Sponsored Trials/Grants.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact within Medical Affairs for system support (including Field Medical for Veeva Medical), vendor Managed Services, and training vendors
- Responsible for the overall configuration, design, and functionality of Veeva Medical, Veeva Vault, and Veeva MedComms (amongst other systems)
- Develop training material (including manuals, quick reference cards/guides) and provide new user and refresher trainings for all systems
- Contribute to development of SOPs pertaining to systems
- Collect, triage and implement configuration change requests
- Create and manage workflow rules, data validations, and object customizations
- Customize fields, page layouts, record types, searching, list views, etc
- Manage operational requests and assist in the escalated triage of support issues, working with diverse user groups
- Assist in gathering requirements to continuously improve platforms
- Assist in the evaluation of new Veeva & Salesforce.com functionality and App Exchange tools for feasibility and impact to the business
- Collaborate with internal Medical Affairs leadership, vendors and information technology to prioritize, launch and implement new tools and system enhancements.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- BA/BS, preferably in the scientific/health care field.
- 3+ years of direct experience desired
- Salesforce/Veeva certifications (Administrator and /or Developer certifications in particular)
- Experience in the biotech / pharma space with implementation and support of IT projects
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions
- Strong communication skills and problem solving talents
- mAbility to work independently with minimal supervision in a matrix environment.
- Provides training and software development assistance to users.
- Supervises contractors and service providers.
- Fast paced office environment requiring high level of initiative and managing multiple demands.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage