General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a highly motivated and experienced individual for the position of an Associate Director ,Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR). The Associate Director,HEOR will support health economic and outcomes research activities in support of products within SAGE’s portfolio. The Associate Director will report to and work closely with the Head of HEOR and real world evidence to design and implement studies that are aligned with the data generation strategy for each product.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead in the management of developing global epidemiological models to estimate the size of a population
- Lead the develop and implement the long-term real-world evidence strategic plan for assigned SAGE product candidate, including studies on burden of illness, real-world clinical outcomes, epidemiology, quality of care, and unmet need.
- Execute research using claims, chart reviews, MEPS, HCUP, literature, registries, government survey data, and other resources to summarize epidemiology and disease burden and unmet needs
- Provide methodological analytical expertise and strategic leadership regarding the gathering, analysis, and utilization of real-world data.
- Advise and develop relevant sections of study concept documents, study protocols, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports and other development documents Participates in development of relevant meta-analysis, systematic review, utility measurement or other outcomes research study as determined by the manager
- Assist in coordinating publications plans for dissemination
- Work with clinical development teams to identify appropriate trial endpoints.
- Represent HEOR on cross-functional internal teams.
- Present health outcomes research findings at scientific congresses and participate in the development and writing of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Conduct literature searches and systematic literature reviews
- Design, implement, and manage outcomes research projects, including but not limited to retrospective database analyses, economic models, chart reviews etc.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- At least 5-7 years of HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical or related industries (e.g., consulting) with advance degree in epidemiology, health economics, pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline (MS, MPH, PharmD, PhD).
- Experience with HEOR strategy and data collection and implementation in US more desirable
- Ability to communicate technical scientific data to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, including in-depth knowledge of epidemiology, PROs and claims database analysis methodologies.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies and therapeutic areas.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20% time.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage