General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible to serve as the major SAGE external medical representative for all key stakeholders, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information as well as facilitating the collaboration aligning with SAGE's mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Systematically identify and develop new as well as maintain and enhance existing scientific collaboration and exchange with external physicians, nurses, scientific experts, hospital teams, educators and investigators within a defined geography.
- Serve as the primary SAGE external medical representative for all key stakeholders, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information as well as facilitating the collaboration aligning with SAGE's mission.
- Drive ongoing clinical trial execution at study sites as directed by internal clinical development medical directors.
- Consistently collect, report and represent clinical insights and unanswered questions received from external contacts to the appropriate channels internally.
- Understand and effectively communicate current scientific knowledge.
- Build and maintain technical and clinical expertise across therapeutic areas to engage in deep scientific discussions.
- Engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area they represent.
- Attend appropriate scientific meetings, conduct routine literature searches, and will be expected to communicate regularly with each other to assure that the entire group benefits from individual learning whenever it is relevant.
- Establish oneself as a reliable, trusted, resource of accurate, up-to-date, medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their clients.
- Promptly respond to personal or electronic inquiries with any available Information which may include reprints or posters, medical letters, literature citations, access to internal and external experts, slides and other related material.
- Manage relationships with hospital pharmacy directors, Medical Directors and payer thought leaders to provide requested disease state, epidemiology, diagnosis and relevant treatment education. Work in conjunction with members of the commercial team (i.e., Hospital Business Managers, Regional Directors and Reimbursement Managers) to objectively and accurately communicate the science and clinical trial results.
- Cultivate partnerships with advocacy groups across therapeutic areas.
- Facilitate access to educational grant request process and alignment of incoming ISS's (Investigator-sponsored studies) with internal areas of scientific interest.
- Prompt intake and responses for medical information and requests for medical affairs support.
- Provide ongoing disease and product training to internal and field personnel.
- The role entails not only scientific and customer expertise, but also requires the ability to understand and effectively utilize approved resources to fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements in order to address the customer needs. These activities may include proficiency in computer skills and database entry, continual compliance of all procedural requirements of the role (i.e. good documentation practices, standards and procedures,) and appropriate utilization and best practice sharing of available resources.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- PharmD, DO, Ph.D., NP with 10+ years of relevant clinical, scientific and/or industry medical affairs experience.
- Experience in CNS/Psychiatry and/or Women’s health is preferred.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage