General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics has an exciting opportunity available for a creative, resourceful, innovative recruiter who will be responsible for full-cycle recruiting. Must be able to successfully partner with all levels of management, exhibit strong organizational and problem solving skills, and deliver a world class experience to each potential candidate and hiring manager.
Note: This is an onsite recruiting position in a fast paced, high energy environment
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with hiring managers in order to successfully develop current and forecasted hiring needs and strategies
- Establish recruitment and selection processes, consider internal variables, EEO and diversity compliance, and budgetary considerations to ensure departmental and organization needs are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Phone screen and assess candidates presented to hiring managers for competence, background and skills, as well as overall ability to thrive in the organization
- Schedule and participate in on-site Interviews, evaluate and recommend qualified candidates for all positions, and initiate the offer approval process
- Assist in structuring and negotiating appropriate relocation packages as necessary. Arrange and coordinate all relocation activities
- Perform reference checks, formulate and extend offers
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple requisitions based on business needs
- Maintain communication with recruiting partners and proactively communicate with managers and supervisors as to the status of the recruitment process
- Work with our partner vendors to ensure full utilization of their products and services to maximize SAGE’s effectiveness in meeting its talent acquisition objectives
- Utilize, update, and maintain applicant tracking system
- Track recruitment performance metrics and reporting
- Assist with other duties as assigned including special projects related to talent acquisition
- Ensure understanding of the SAGE’s mission and business goals to effectively identify the right talent that will contribute to and embrace SAGE’s culture and values.
- Experience successfully sourcing candidates in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Demonstrated skills in working with in-house HR business partners to manage sourcing for multiple positions
- Proven knowledge and application of laws and regulations especially as they relate to the sourcing and recruitment process
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are a must. The successful candidate has experience developing important relationships with key stakeholders, has good conflict management and negotiation skills, and the ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs, and recommendations
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented
- The ability to work independently, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Excellent project management and planning skills, paying high attention to details
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization and department needs
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years recruiting experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industry