General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, dynamic, pro-active Executive Assistant. In this position, you will be an integral contributor, acting as the organizational and communication hub for the Functional Leader, their department, and will work collaboratively with other departments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Integral contributor to the team, acting as the organizational and communication hub for the department and working collaboratively with other departments.
- Owns leader’s calendar, meetings, schedule, travel arrangements, expense reports and prepares necessary materials.
- Consults with leadership as needed to solicit information, provide critical updates and to coordinate information and priorities. Exercises tact, diplomacy and discretion in written and verbal communications.
- Plans, organizes and compiles data. Analyzes needs and problems, researches facts, determines approach, and organizes and coordinates information retrieval and documentation procedures.
- Exercises creativity, initiative and an understanding of the leader’s and departmental objectives. May independently prepare communications, budgets or data.
- Ensures accuracy of data and sources, and researches questions or problems demonstrating a sound knowledge of the technical specialty area(s) and general corporate policies and operations.
- Independently performs special projects that require a combined knowledge of administrative needs and technical operations. Selects appropriate resources and analyzes data as required i.e. budget projects, Advisory boards, event planning etc. Develops recommendations for executive approval and may assist with the implementation of contractual agreements or compliance activities.
- Responds to a wide variety of requests for information, policies and procedures, and executive action. Analyzes needs and problems, and determines approach and priority. Exercises tact, discretion, and an understanding of technical and organizational materials, issues and impact.
- Takes initiative to research technical or outside of policy questions. Evaluates and refers matters for appropriate handling, and coordinates, compiles and documents relevant data and background information to support executive decision making or problem resolution. Works with highly sensitive, time sensitive and confidential information
- Provide back-up administrative support to other departments as necessary and other duties as required.
- Be available at various hours for business related tasks.
- Be a contributing member to the Sage Administrative Operations team. This includes, but is not limited to, working closely with other administrative staff on shared travel arrangements, meetings, agenda compilation, briefings, and internal department events.
- Builds rapport; communicates respectfully when giving feedback.
- Mentors others and serves as a role model.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Strong analytical skills and an ability to communicate issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Prior executive assistant experience working in a busy, high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- AS Degree with 5-7 years related experience, or BA/BS plus 3-5 years related experience. Biotech or Pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Administrative competence (typing, scheduling, e-mailing, coordinating calendars, copying).
- Top-notch organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.