General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that takes overall responsible for integrating ex-US health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) strategies and their tactical execution into the global plans. This person will lead a small team to ensure these plans are aligned to the Global R&D and Commercial strategy to facilitate broad access & timely reimbursement across multiple jurisdictions outside of the US. In this role, the incumbent will take a leading role in developing market access strategies and overseeing reimbursement submissions. This position is located in Switzerland.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead comprehensive needs assessments are completed for international markets to ensure strategic plans for assigned SAGE product candidates adequately address health technology assessment needs.
- Collaborate with the global HEOR team to identify appropriate patient populations, trial designs, and endpoints relevant to international health technology assessment and reimbursement agencies.
- Ensure appropriate studies on burden of illness, real-world clinical outcomes, epidemiology, quality of care, and unmet needs are identified and completed in key international markets.
- Provide methodological & analytical oversight to the collection, analysis, and utilization of real-world data as well as comparative effectiveness research studies, meta-analyses and systematic reviews. These studies should produce high-quality project deliverables to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Ensure local dossier submissions and the adaptation of economic models meet or exceed local requirements/guidelines.
- Represent Sage at formal health technology assessment meetings.
- Maintain and continue to enhance knowledge of all competitive products, development compounds, and disease states.
- Oversee horizon scanning program to identify and assess health policy and HTA regulatory changes that impact Sage.
- Identify, select, establish and manage a global network of contractors, consultants, and CROs to execute planned HEOR deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of professional contacts.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
A minimum of 10 years of experience in health economics or market access with an advance degree in health economics, health service research, or related discipline (MSc, MPH, PhD).
- Management experience required.
- Candidate should have a strong record of scientific leadership in HEOR, evidenced by peer-reviewed publications.
- In depth understanding of the dynamics of the international health care systems and health technology assessment requirements and reimbursement processes.
- Experience in leading health technology assessment submissions and representing the manufacturer during reimbursement procedures with national authorities.
- Thorough understanding of legal and regulatory issues impacting HEOR and PRO labeling and promotional claims internationally.
- Excellent analytical skills, including in-depth knowledge of HEOR methodologies with a focus on pharmacoeconomic evaluations and comparative effectiveness research.
- Experience working with all levels of management and collaborating with key business stakeholders.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Ability to travel approximately 20 to 25% time.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
*** THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SWITZERLAND - LOOKING TO HIRE LOCALLY OR WITHIN EUROPE***