Title: Manager, Disease State Awareness
Reports to: Director, Medical Education and Digital Strategy
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for supporting the disease state awareness efforts for Postpartum Depression within the Medical Affairs function.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and implement disease state awareness campaign development, planning, and execution for therapeutic areas of interest including, core messaging & testing, targeting, and media mix activities, for both a digital & traditional presence. Specific channels will include:
- Digital outreach (DS website maintenance, banner ads, SEO/SEM, website metadata, HCP toolkits, consumer toolkits, analytics, etc)
- Social Media campaign on HCP and Consumer channels (Landing page, guidelines/policy development, response development, community management, etc.)
- Paid Media (Strategy development, journal ads, advertorials, search ads, social media ads, “native” ads, Medscape content, “Out of Home” advertising, geo-targeted ads, other print media, etc.)
- Live events (DSA booth, interactive kiosks, sponsorship placements, event signage, etc.)
- Actively engage in the development of the PPD strategic campaign planning and market research plan, including participation in cross-functional teams to provide input and support to identify growth opportunities and ways to build share of voice
- Develop, execute and implement core educational initiatives and materials for healthcare professionals, consumers/caregivers and advocacy groups
- Manage materials, projects and resources through the internal review and approval process; work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and vendor partners while spearheading materials through approval process
- Support the management of multiple Agency Partners including management of contract processing (purchasing requisitions, invoices, and approvals), associated budgets, forecast and accruals
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups across the organization, including but not limited to Sales, Regulatory, Market Access, Market Research, Commercial Operations, Legal, Patient Advocacy, and Medical Affairs
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- BA/BS degree required (preferably in business/marketing or the biological sciences). Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing and/or Life Sciences preferred
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience with 4+ years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- U.S. Launch experience required
- Orphan, CNS, and / or acute care preferred
- Strong HCP and consumer medical education, communications or marketing background, (development of disease awareness plans and tactics) with emphasis on digital channel strategy
- Understanding of the compliant use of disease awareness strategies within a highly regulated, non-promotional environment
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate all clinical data / publications to support business objectives
- Experience working with external brand agencies and vendors on a day-to-day basis
- Experience with thought leader management
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal and external partners
- An outstanding track record of strong communication, presentation, analytic and strategic capabilities
- Note this position requires travel (30 – 40%)
- Must be able to take an undefined objective and drive the process through to operational excellence.
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise.
- Proven ability to develop customer and market insights and translate those into actionable, commercially relevant strategies and tactics.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun