General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for driving the global strategy and launch for Sage 547. This person will provide positive leadership and productive influence across and around enterprise in order to develop and execute global strategies. They will align resource allocation across geographies, drive launch readiness across globe, and develop geographic expansion strategy with Program Lead/Program Team creating a five-year fully integrated brand plan in collaboration with Market Access and Medical Affairs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide a vision for the brand and the positioning strategy in the market to inspire and align Sage’s capabilities, ensuring customer needs are met while creating sustainable value for public health and shareholders:
- Be aware of the current and anticipate new market driving trends;
- Guide the operating plans and Regions/countries’ plans for consistency with global strategy, with a focus on strategic countries and global products;
- Ensure clear cross-functional goals are established in relation to vision design and implementation.
- Own launch strategies (e.g. segmentation, behavioral objectives by targets, positioning, messaging, branding etc.);
- Adapt product strategy through the life-cycle of the brand;
- Ensure key strategic issues are identified and addressed to maximize value of the assets and work closely with the program team to address any operational issues;
- Ensure competitive intelligence information is available and is used in scenario planning and decision making in relation to Franchise strategies;
- Provide input to value positioning and pricing policy, in cooperation with Market Access and regional commercial and medical affairs;
- Coordinate with Medical Affairs and Corporate Communications on overall communication plan and also advocacy plans;
- Deliver global marketing tactics on global products, including promotional material, educational and communication material, corresponding digital assets, coordination of large events;
- Identify in collaboration with Medical Affairs, Market Access and Public Affairs, strategic objectives for third party partnerships, phase IV to contribute to shape the market and enhance product profiles;
- Coordinate cross functional prelaunch, launch and post launch plans: develop Integrated Strategic Brand Plan, Launch Plan, and Post Launch evaluation including metrics;
- Align with regions and countries on execution of franchise strategies and allocation of resources;
- Engage in commercial and communication relationship with external partners and public advocacy groups regarding global disease and product advocacy as required;
- Create clear communication throughout the organization of the critical success factors for a brand launch, ensuring plans are in place to meet them;
- Monitor global strategy implementation locally, and adjusting accordingly;
- Share best practices throughout the organization relevant to the franchise;
- Engage with key functions, including manufacturing and commercial colleagues to ensure that the strategy is sound, clear, and executable. Coordinate with R&D, Manufacturing and Commercial Operations initiatives to minimize time to market and to peak sales and to optimize product performance and profitability for the franchise;
- Drive the initiative towards determining product profitability
- Act as a key member of Program Team, providing commercial leadership to program level discussions.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- University degree required: advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years' professional experience in biotech/pharma industry, preferably in multiple geographies, in commercial operations and global marketing, with a minimum of 7 years in product management at global or regional level
- 5+ years market-facing commercial experience (in-line product marketing and/or sales experience)
- Extensive exposure to multi-country product launch and pre-launch activities and issues and working effectively in a Global/Regional/Local model
- Demonstration of capacity for strategic thinking plus strong analysis skills and a creative/innovative approach to problem solving. Proven ability to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally.
- Experience in influencing product development, health economics and multi-country pricing.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and external customer relationships; proven leadership skills and experience in managing teams while also having experience in a program management model
- Strategic awareness, visioning (capability to take a broad and long range perspective and to build a compelling vision), analysis and scenario planning, forecasting
- Operational P&L management experience in a local market
- Finance and economics: ability to deliver on company objectives and company/group financial ratios, implementation of value-based pricing, and decision making based upon Return on Investment and Market Access drivers
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage