General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible, strategic role in the preparation of the Company’s move towards being a fully integrated global pharmaceutical organization. Develop and support a wide range of initiatives and proactively provide leadership and consultation to the Discovery, Development and G&A functions, supporting managers and employees of those groups as well as broad support across the organization. Accountable for key aspects of HR including overseeing business partnering for specific client groups and driving the development and implementation of a variety of HR programs and initiatives throughout Sage.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess, design and help drive broad initiatives to support a culture of learning and development across the organization.
- Design, deliver and develop high quality, effective HR solutions to address identified needs, gaps, and development opportunities across all levels within the organization. Work with leaders within client groups to understand core capabilities needed to drive business results, and translate into actionable developmental programs for functional teams.
- Provide ongoing support to business leaders by serving as "sounding board" in both a business and people-related capacity. Utilize high level consulting skills to influence, coach and provide feedback to employees at all levels.
- Provide feedback and insights about organizational development, functional builds, structure and proactively predict outcomes and prescribe actions to ensure smooth operations.
- Lead organizational development initiatives to help build and evolve a culture based on the Sage values and operating model.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Identify key engagement drivers and develop the supporting strategies to align people, processes, and work-related systems in order to achieve meaningful levels of job satisfaction and retention for employees.
- Partner with business groups to focus on building the Company’s culture, including team development, conflict resolution and fostering an environment of open feedback and communication.
- Strong focus on change management, partnering closely with business leaders to develop consistent strategies and tactics to help leaders manage change. Develop and implement communication strategies for functional area support.
- Drive consistency in administering human resources policies and procedures to ensure that employees receive appropriate and equitable treatment.
- Identify key trends and collaborate with the HR team to provide prescriptive recommendations and solutions.
- Provide broad mentorship, guidance and leadership to Human Resources team members in a direct and indirect management capacity.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management (or related field) is required; qualified coaching certification a plus.
- Minimum of 10-12 year’s progressive human resources experience across all core competencies of HR including HR Business Partner support, organizational development, talent management, learning & development, total rewards and operations. Experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry required.
- Experience in a rapid growth, fast-paced organization where quick decision making and change management skills are routinely leveraged is required.
- Experience supporting an innovative and growing Research and or Development organization preferred.
- Design, develop and lead processes and programs aimed at evolving the culture, increase engagement (particularly among field based employees) and support organizational effectiveness.
- Strong business acumen: understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and commercialization.
- Proven experience in development and implementation of various HR initiatives is required. Customer-centric focus a must: ability to influence culture and create alignment between business goals, behaviors, and compensation systems that drive performance.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and establish rapport with all levels of the organization.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage senior HR Business Partners and indirectly coach/mentor HR colleagues.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage