General Scope and Summary
SAGE is looking for a talented and dedicated individual to perform day-to-day activities in support of desktop computer systems, software and peripherals, including equipment installation, operation, and problem resolution. Also responsible for administration and operation of web-based resources, assisting with onboarding processes, assisting with asset management, and related administrative tasks
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs desktop, server and network support duties to insure day-to-day end-user system functionality, from basic system installation support up to and including basic diagnosis of desktop problems, and daily administration of related tasks and applications.
- Assists in providing Help Desk services to users, including call ticket processing, service dispatch, and PC troubleshooting for local and remote users.
- Assists in special projects, such as assisting in major installations of new equipment, testing applications, implementing system software changes, selecting and evaluating software tools, etc.
- Responsible for administration of equipment inventory, and proper maintenance of tools, test equipment, department desktop systems and other hardware and software as assigned.
- In concert with the Department Manager and other staff members maintains equipment lists, service call database, and performs other administrative tasks as required.
- Administers web-based user applications such as Box.Com, including new user set-up, security changes, and other tasks as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- H.S. Diploma, or vocational training in a related technical field. College degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in a desktop systems support environment in a commercial business.
- Direct experience in building/managing Microsoft Windows systems in a networked environment.
- Direct experience in installing, administering, and supporting Microsoft Office Applications.
- Technically proficient with IP Networking, Network hardware and network security systems.
- Person must be able to work independently on complex tasks which require analysis and action.
- Person must have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work well with staff members and user community, including senior business management staff.
- All information (written, verbal, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at SAGE is considered confidential.
- Fast paced office environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence.
- Demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage