General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role as the AD or Sr Mgr of Recruitment and Trial Awareness within the Clinical Operations and Development organization. This person will oversee the deployment of study subject and study patient enrollment initiatives across multiple programs (Phase 1-3 clinical trials) in the field of neurology and CNS disorders.
This key role will manage, support development, drive endorsement, develop processes and execute clinical recruitment initiatives, including creating and managing timelines, budgets, and vendors, in collaboration with external (site) and internal (team) stakeholders. Additionally, s/he will provide guidance and shared learning with and across teams throughout planning and implementation, as well as ensure clinical operational and development deliverables and timelines are met across the development program(s). This position will report to the Director of Clinical Operations and Development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the evaluation, selection and management of vendors to ensure successful recruitment implementation and execution
- Create, manage, and execute recruitment initiatives, including budget and timeline creation and oversight
- Ability to build strong site and vendor relationships
- Liaise with clinical site staff as appropriate to ensure optimal Sponsor-site relationships
- Develop recruitment & retention strategies (concepts and branding), plans, and materials as appropriate in collaboration with study teams
- Track and report the return on investment for each strategy within each indication
- Drive cross-functional endorsement
- Partner with internal stakeholders
- Develop and ensure execution of activities outlined in various recruitment plans
- Drive preparation of recruitment packages for internal compliance and external review boards as needed
- Participate in clinical Investigator meetings, study meetings, and vendor meetings as neede
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years in clinical and drug development in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Understanding of drug development and program management
- Extensive experience managing CROs, vendors, budgets, and timelines required
- Experience developing subject/patient recruitment plans and strategy
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project and developing Gantt charts
- Experience monitoring clinical studies a plus
- Experience in process development required
- A detailed understanding of overall strategic direction, interrelationships and business needs
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.