General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, collaborative leader who can partner across Sage to define, develop, and implement a Learning & Development agenda supporting our mission, vision and key business priorities. The Associate Director, Learning and Development will lead the development and delivery of various L&D initiatives, both within functions and organization-wide.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Champion Sage’s culture and drive engagement by communicating the desired messages through L&D in support of the broader Sage organizational strategy.
- Lead research, design and implementation of new initiatives for broad implementation across leaders, managers and employees; enhance and continuously improve existing learning programs.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders to identify needs and propose solutions.
- Analyze target audience and learner environments to identify appropriate instructional strategies.
- Lead classroom training and/or facilitate synchronous web-based delivery of training.
- Ensure initiatives are well-designed, planned and communicated; create communications, marketing, stakeholder socialization and progress reporting materials.
- Build strong relationships with leaders across the organization
- Present to HR and business leaders on project progress.
- Serve on Enterprise L&D Team as a stakeholder in driving best practices and ensuring unified L&D messaging and consistency of learner experience across Sage.
- Provide broad mentorship, guidance and leadership both within the HR team as well as across the organization.
- Act as project lead and subject matter expert on cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Identify new and innovative instructional design methods to create engaging solutions.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to create or source content and/or solutions.
- Monitor and synthesize data to evaluate training effectiveness; identify gaps and make recommendations for improvements.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of various approaches and tools in learning and facilitation.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of experience in Learning and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, confident conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Communications, HR Management or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience in Learning and Development, Human Resources Facilitation/Training, or related field
- Experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry preferred.
- Strong business acumen, solid project management skills, and results orientation required.
- Proven experience creating and delivering training programs based on internal demand.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills across all levels within the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theories and proven experience in translating theory into practical solutions.
- Experience in designing curriculum for leaders and managers
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.