General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, and dynamic leader for an important role that is responsible for leading the day to day operations planning and execution of the case management program. This individual will lead a team of supervisors, team leads, and case managers with the goal of delivering a simplified, streamlined, and empathetic path to therapy initiation. This individual will report into the Director of Patient Support operations.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead a team of supervisors, team leaders, and case managers responsible for the therapy initiation activities associated with brexanolone.
- Responsible for the deployment of operations resources for consistent achievement of patient support operations KPIs.
- Maintain subject matter expertise within patient support services for CRM navigation and usage, case management techniques, and program offerings.
- Partner with subject matter experts and resources, both internally and externally, to develop and deploy solutions to complex patient and provider challenges.
- Coordinate with regulatory, legal, training, and other subject matter experts for the review and approval of training material.
- Partner with patient support leadership and training team to design training and rollout plans that support the execution of tactics aligned with patient support strategic imperatives. Coordinate the rollout of approved documents, processes, and language.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of patient support services and the associated compliance and regulatory requirements for a successful operation
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented
- Ability to teach, coach, and develop people on systems, processes, policies, and soft skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and execute in a matrixed environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time
- Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through setting high standards and achieving stretch goals
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Salesforce or Veeva
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other tool
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a patient services team in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Ability to think critically, strategically and cross functionally
- High level of initiative and desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment
- Experience within a patient services organization strongly preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage