General Scope and Summary
Sage is currently building a world-class Patient Support Services organization as it prepares to launch its first product into the Post-Partum Depression market. This role will report into the Associate Director of Patient Access Services and will play a key role in our vision by ensuring our financial assistance and reimbursement related programs are well designed, implemented, executed, and continually meeting or exceeding performance metrics. The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing the relationship with our reimbursement and financial assistance vendor(s), working directly with the vendor(s) to design and build the program(s), and managing the day-to-day performance and metrics. The Senior Manager will regularly interface with department leadership, market access, legal, and compliance colleagues.
The successful candidate is a talented cross functional leader, who has successfully designed and executed reimbursement and financial assistance programs in rare, orphan, and/or specialty markets. Critical to success in this is the ability to seamlessly translate the market access strategy into initiatives and processes that can be operationalized utilizing internal and external partners ensuring a consistent and high-quality patient and provider experience. This position requires building strong relationships with internal business partners, collaborating to deliver results, hitting key launch timelines, improving effectiveness, and delivering a high quality, streamlined patient experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the day to day relationship with the reimbursement services vendor
- Measure and analyze key performance metrics related to patient access programs and drive continual process improvement and optimization
- Implementation of patient access related initiatives with 3rd party vendors
- Day to day liaison with market access colleagues for patient access services
- Provide regular updates to department leadership on program performance, as well as coordinate and facilitate quarterly vendor QBRs
- Participate on weekly field access related teams and identify areas of opportunity and/or need for new and existing programs
- Partner with legal and compliance teams to ensure programs are compliant and evolve as needed based on new laws / regulations
- Work closely with Patient Support Services colleagues and IT to ensure data exchanges with the vendor(s) are timely and accurate
- Own and resolve escalations related to patient access programs
- Communicate to Patient Support Services leadership key operational events and access challenges as they arise to ensure effective business understanding and/or necessary coordination and adjustments
- Develop content for, and participate in, Patient Support Services Quarterly Business Reviews
- Comply with all Sage corporate policies, internal procedures & training, and applicable laws & industry codes in collaboration with Sage’s Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills, and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a patient services team in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Solid understanding of the healthcare environment specifically in the area delivering services to Health Care Professional and Patient customers.
- Solid understanding of health insurance and benefits, Medicaid, co-pay and PAP programs, home-health / nursing services. Minimum 3-5 years managing programs in this category.
- Experience in new product launches preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate up, down, and across an organization achievements and challenges as well as manage downwardly to effectively communication operational goals and inspire / motivate / organize teams.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word. Tableau experience a plus
- Results oriented, self-organized and self-starter with a proven track record of results.
- Possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Desire to innovate and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to Travel up to 25% for key meetings and customer / partner relationships.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.