Title: Administrative Assistant, Patient Support Services
Reports to: Sr. Director, Patient Services
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that is responsible for broad administrative support. We are actively seeking a dynamic, pro-active Administrative Assistant. In this position, you will be an integral contributor to the Patient Support Services organization, acting as the organizational and communication hub for the department and working collaboratively with other departments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for administrative support and responding to the needs of leadership and team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: scheduling and calendar management, contract management, meeting arrangements, manage incoming and outgoing calls, proactively coordinate team and project team meetings and materials, travel arrangements, manage expense reports, retrieving and sending correspondence.
- Schedule, coordinate and provide support for internal and external meetings/activities with outside companies, including the creation and distribution of meeting agendas, presentations/briefing documents etc.
- Coordinate and arrange detailed domestic/international travel schedules and itineraries including airline, hotel, car, restaurant reservations, and/or conference registrations. Schedule, coordinate, and provide support for internal and external meeting/activities and catering services.
- Manage and prioritize internal and external communications, including phone calls, letters, memos, expenses and e-mail.
- Prepare corporate materials, conference planning and coordination, and specialized projects.
- Be available at various hours for business related tasks.
- Proactively seeks to understand material and content in areas of specialization.
- Provide back-up administrative support to other departments as necessary and other duties as required.
- Be a contributing member to the Sage Administrative Operations team. This includes, but is not limited to, working closely with other administrative staff on shared travel arrangements, meetings, agenda compilation, briefings, and internal department events.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Strong analytical skills and an ability to communicate issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues.
- Prior administrative assistant experience working in a busy, high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- AS 4+ or BS Degree with 2+ years related experience. Biotech or Pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Administrative competence (typing, scheduling, e-mailing, coordinating calendars, copying)
- Top-notch organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and exercises tact, diplomacy and discretion in written and verbal communications.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.