General Scope and Summary
Sage is currently building a world-class Patient Support Services organization as it prepares to launch its first product into the Post-Partum Depression market. The case management team plays a key role in our vision by directly working with patients, providers, and payers to establish and execute a plan of action to reach therapy administration once a prescription for brexanolone is written. This position requires strong listening, problem solving, communication, and empathy skills.
Responsibilities will include but not are not limited to:
- Field inbound calls from patients and providers in a professional and empathetic manner
- Act as the liaison between the patient, the provider, and the site of care for the brexanolone patient start assistance program
- Work closely with the patient/family to case manage all steps required to gain access to therapy
- Counsel patients on reimbursement and coverage options
- Per the program design, assess patients for financial assistance program eligibility
- Work with various sites of care and pharmacies to ensure that product is shipped on time, and that a patient can be scheduled for treatment in a timely manner
- Responsible for documentation of case notes in Sage’s CRM system
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders over the phone. Strong listening skills with a clear sense of empathy for the patient that is being assisted. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics such as reimbursement in a manner that is easily understood.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of empathy for patients and their individuals needs
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented
- Ability to learn and navigate new systems and technologies
- Ability to understand, communicate, and adhere to program and process designs
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and execute in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through setting high standards and achieving stretch goals
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other tools
- Minimum 0-2 years’ experience in a patient or customer assistance position. Biotech/Pharma or healthcare related experience is a plus, but is not required.
- High level of initiative and desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage