General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a key role that is responsible for providing the Global Commercial Strategy organization and stakeholder teams with relevant, proactive, and timely competitive insights required to inform the strategic choices necessary for new product commercial success. Partnering with Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Market Access, and other members of the Global Brand Team this individual participates actively in commercial scenario planning efforts to respond to anticipated competitive dynamics. Ensures timely and effective cross-functional communication and alignment on anticipated competitor moves and strategies to minimize impact to SAGE’s portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and leverage external connections and networks to rapidly identify, procure, and interpret global market intelligence and competitor analysis for deeper market understanding purposes
- Develop senior leader communications in a rapid and concise manner to summarize key competitive events and implications for SAGE
- Provide brand partners with actionable intelligence about the competitive environment with a focus on opportunities and threats that could impact SAGE’s portfolio
- Owns and drives an aligned understanding of current and potential future state with respect to competitive landscape for disease areas SAGE is active in. Proactively identify key trigger events in the competitive landscape and driving work on implications for SAGE
- Ensure that the processes for determining that the therapeutic team’s key intelligence needs are developed and maintained. Ensure engagement and involvement of broad stakeholder teams at SAGE at all relevant levels
- Develop a framework for identifying and tracking analog products providing relevant insights into Sage product commercialization and differentiation
- Work closely with US and ex-US based market insights colleagues to ensure cohesive and aligned contributions to strategic decisions and planning
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- BA, BS degree required. Master's degree in business or science preferred
- 7+ years’ related experience in commercial and/or competitive intelligence/strategy roles
- Launch experience is a plus
- Previous neuroscience experience highly preferred
- Deep expertise in generating commercial insights from competitive intelligence data and influencing strategic shifts in core businesses for a publicly traded company
- Experience managing projects, budgets and timelines with vendor partners in the strategy and analytics space
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendation
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving/resolution, customer focus, and project management
- Solutions oriented team player; able to develop rapport and credibility with multi-disciplinary corporate staff and with external partners and vendors.
- Possess excitement about the vision and mission of Sage and thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun