SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a results oriented, collaborative and proven sales leader for an important role that will responsible for building and leading a new sales team for the launch of SAGE-547 in Post-Partum Depression (PPD) and Sage’s future product portfolio in the US Marketplace. This leadership role represents a unique opportunity to build a best in class sales and account management team with different functional responsibilities that span across Hospitals, Health Systems, and outpatient office and clinic customer settings. This includes leadership of Key Account Managers and Office based representatives.
The Regional Business Director will also develop and implement a regional business plan to maximize business opportunities and achieve/exceed sales goals. The RBD will work to outline and execute professional development plans for each team member.
The Northern Florida - Georgia region covers Northern Florida and Georgia, including Atlanta and Jacksonville.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Achieving the Regional sales targets for SAGE-547 and future portfolio
- Set and communicate performance expectations and goals, and how these contribute to the strategy
- Development and execution of Regional business plans that are aligned with meeting corporate and commercial business objectives
- Play a key role in building a best in class Sales and Account Management organization capable of launching a new products and treatment paradigms in the hospital and outpatient settings
- Leading the Regional sales organization consisting of Key Account Managers and Office-based representatives
- Building a culture of compliance to ensure that all promotional activities are fully compliant with Company policies and Legal and Regulatory guidelines
- Provide coaching and mentoring that includes development plans, training, resources, and opportunities for the team
- Ensure cross-functional alignment of key strategies and tactics, and ensure effective communication and implementation at the regional and territory levels
- Review and analyze key reports to ensure quarterly and annual objectives are met. Continuously review, evaluate and make recommendations regarding sales strategies
- Promote a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements, and expectations by educating and developing rapport with external customers
- Manage overall financial performance of team to achieve attainment of financial goals within assigned budget
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to set a vision and strategy and to communicate with clarity into actionable plans to drive results.
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing or Life Sciences preferred.
- 10+ years related experience in the biotechnology industry with a proven, consistent history of high performance in leadership roles of increasing responsibility
- 4+ years sales leadership experience with demonstrated results as a first line leader
- Recent experience in the commercialization of infused therapies and/or in rare disease markets and leadership of Account Management organizations is highly desired
- Experience working with Patient Services “Hub” models and experience in the CNS and/or Women’s Health arena is a significant plus
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishment in regional sales management. Ability to build highly effective cross-functional teams
- Proven launch experience leading others in highly complicated and competitive environments
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing effective strategic plans.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership, management and communication skills to inspire sales and account management teams to achieve high levels of performance
- Demonstrated success leading teams of account managers responsible for securing product access and pull through in hospitals / health systems is pivotal to the role
- Demonstrated track record of coaching and developing people to achieve excellence
- Experience building out and leading new teams is preferred
- Working knowledge of pricing and reimbursement and market access strategies across hospital, outpatient clinic, and home infusion sites of care is needed
- Ability to effectively manage underperformance.
- Strong team player who has a customer service approach and is solution oriented
- Ability to travel up to 30-70%
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage