General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and implementing education on disease and therapy, patient support programs and policies, legal and compliance guidelines related to patient support programs, case management, and soft skills training programs for the patient support services organization. This individual will be a conduit to the cross functional partners in identifying, building and executing training with a goal of positively impacting the business objectives of the organization.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Design, develop and execute training programs from new hire onboarding to advanced continuing education training
- Design, develop and implement training programs/certifications for all patient support services initiatives including product launches, indication launches, program and initiative rollouts, new hire training, and other identified training opportunities in a continuous learning mode.
- Maintain subject matter expertise within patient support services for disease states, products and therapeutic areas aligned with Sage’s portfolio, CRM navigation, case management techniques, and program offerings
- Partner with subject matter experts and resources, both internally and externally, to implement and deploy learning solutions
- Coordinate with Regulatory, Legal, and other subject matter experts for the review and approval of training material
- Partner with Patient Support Leadership to build training initiatives that support the execution of tactics aligned with patient support strategic imperatives and coordinate the rollout of approved documents, processes, and language.
- Manage external training vendor partners and perform project management to bring high quality services within the set budget and on time
- Apply principles of adult learning to ensure training effectiveness. Access resources to keep up-to-date on industry best demonstrated practices
- Develop and maintain facilitation skills expertise in support of training content delivery
- Maintain the standards for training materials ensuring they are current and working within the LMS
- Maintain GXP related documents in proper fashion and adhere to audits and support of training initiatives
- Measure and assess the current training offerings by conducting gap analysis and case manager observations and identify areas for continual improvement and development
- Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence with presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of patient support services and the associated compliance and regulatory requirements for a successful operation
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented
- Ability to teach, coach and develop people on systems, processes, policies, and soft skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and execute in a matrixed environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time
- Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through setting high standards and achieving stretch goals
- Expertise with technology platforms (e.g. iPad, LMS, Vault, Survey Monkey)
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Salesforce or Veeva
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other tools
- 3+ years of training experience required; 5+ years of pharma/biotech/medical device required
- 3+ years working in a patient support services role within pharma/biotech/medical device strongly preferred
- Ability to think critically, strategically and cross functionally
- Exceptional presentation, facilitation and written communication skills
- High level of initiative and desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment
- Travel required for training initiatives, meetings and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage